Follow Me On Twitter

Wednesday 3 September 2014

Danny Mahon Interview

Danny Mahon is a new singer/songwriter from Manchester.  I sent him some questions about his musical inspirations and new material.









Who are your main musical influences?
"Everything I've ever heard."






Your song 'Resurrection' mentions several links towards Manchester bands: Live Forever (Oasis song); Girlfriend In A Coma (The Smiths song) and Lazyitus (Happy Mondays' song) as well as the title itself (The Stone Roses' I Am The Resurrection). How inspired are you by the music of Manchester?
"Very inspired by it, the good & the bad. It's great to see normal people doing great things - makes kids believe they can do it too."



When can we expect your debut album?
"No idea if I'm honest. Hopefully this year, but I said that last year too."


What are the main themes, lyrically, in the album?
"Places, people & tales from where I come from & what I see and feel."


What are your thoughts on the current state of the music industry? Is guitar music dead?
"It's not dead no. It's just underground I think. It won't come to the fore as the industry is on it's arse so why risk money on a new artist if you can churn out repetitive pop on the cheap?!"


If you could collaborate with any artist, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
"Johnny Marr I think. Again I could change my mind daily. But today I'll go with him. 
He's just so distinctive & really brings his own flavour to everything he does."





What are your thoughts towards the Olympic games? A good thing for Britain?
"It should be a good thing. But the amount of money being spent on it while the country is on its knees is ridiculous."


What is your overall ambition as an artist?
"I'd just like to keep doing what I do. It'd be nice to get paid too ;)"

 Danny Mahon's Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment